The Royal Grenada Police Force operates under a number of core values and principles. These are embodied in a number of codes and statements, including; the official Code of Ethics for all sworn officers, the Royal Grenada Police Force Vision Statement; the Royal Grenada Police Mission Statement. However within the context of this new dispensation the following core values must be foremost in our public and personal personas.
- Pride - Committed to conducting ourselves in a manner that brings honor to ourselves, the force and country.
- Integrity - committed to the public trust by holding ourselves to the highest standards of professionalism.
- Respect - committed to respecting individual rights, human dignity and the value of all members of the community irrespective of standing or status.
To protect and serve through the delivery of professional services to ensure a safe society.
The Royal Grenada Police Force shall be at the forefront of modern policing, driving forward problem solving police work, through close collaboration with the communities we serve. This will be achieved by investing in and supporting our staff, giving them the skills and equipment they need to deliver the professionalism that the public deserves.
The Royal Grenada Police Force Service Values:
- Will involve the community in all policing activities, which directly impact the quality of community life.
- Believes that while crime prevention is its primary goal, it should vigorously pursue those who commit serious crimes.
- Believes that policing strategies must preserve and advance democratic values.
- Believes that it must structure service delivery in a way that will reinforce the strengths and values of our country.
- Believes that citizens should have input into the development of policies, which directly impact the quality of their lives.
- Will seek input of members on matters which impact employee job satisfaction and effectiveness.
- Will maintain the highest levels of integrity and professionalism in all its activities.
- Will seek to provide stability, continuity and consistency in all of its operations.
- Shall endeavor to achieve and maintain a level of public trust that shall grow and be depended up. As a result of this public trust, a mutual police/citizen respect shall result.
- Shall be innovative and contemporary in its thinking, policy decisions, and service delivery. This shall always be as a result of a thoughtful and professional attitude.
- Shall always be forthcoming and honest with its service population and its employees.
- Maintains a value system which shall be the foundation of our commitment to public safety and service and every police officer must make the Statement of our Common Purpose and Values part of their daily lives.